Join Andy, Mia, Andy's Dad Dennis, rigging guru Mike Meer & Paul Exner for a day (or more!) of learning about boat work and getting your hands dirty! We're hosting a week's worth of work parties on our beautiful Swan 48, and you're invited to come and help! We need all the hands we can get, and if you have any skills and/or tools to share, those are most welcome.
Check out the details of the work parties here, and then signup by clicking the registration button at the top or bottom of the page (it's free) so we know who will be attending. This is of course free of charge, and we'll be providing cold drinks and food.
Work Projects Include:
- Re-rig, including installing new titanium chainplates from Colligo Marine.
- Overhauling & servicing the Harken roller furling gear.
- Overhauling & greasing the Lewmar winches.
- Splicing new halyards & running rigging.
- Splicing and installing Colligo Dux lifelines.
- Replacing the PSS dripless shaft seal & overhauling the engine components.
- Interior woodwork, including fixing the headliner, rebuilding some drawers and fixing a few doors.
- Installing the water-cooling system for the Seafrost refrigeration.
Skills & Tools Needed:
- Woodworking skills & tools!
- Engine maintenance skills.
- Electrical tools and expertise.
What Andy & Mia will Provide:
- Cold soft drinks & end-of-the-day beer & wine.
- Lunch & snacks throughout the day.
- Lessons on rigging work and how to splice.
- Discounted T-shirts sold at our cost if you'd like to support the podcast!
- A fun-loving atmosphere to get some work done!
So join us for a day or a week to help put Isbjorn back together! You'll meet some really cool people, learn a lot about maintaining a large sailing yacht, and share some awesome stories and make new friends! We hope to see you there!