*Change of Venue*
Thanks to a generous offer by the National Sailing Hall of Fame, we'll be hosting the course right on the City Dock in Annapolis, in the NSHOF building at the water's edge! They've got some classic yachts on the dock there, and the organization itself is full of cool sailing programs throughout the year.
Join Andy and friends at the National Sailing Hall of Fame, right on City Dock in Annapolis, MD in February for a weekend of sailing history and celestial navigation. While there is hardly an argument anymore for celestial as a backup to electronic navigation, it's part of sailing history, and as ocean sailors, we owe it to ourselves to at least have a general understanding of it, I say! Plus, it makes those long night watches that much more enjoyable when you know your place - physically and philosophically - in the universe.
Cost is $350, and the Workshop is limited to the first 12 people.
What it includes:
- Copy of Hewitt Schlereth's Celestial in a Nutshell
- Universal Plotting Sheet booklet
- Notebook & pencil
- Weems & Plath Star Finder
- Use of a sextant for practice during the weekend, with the option to buy one at the end of the Workshop (courtesy of Bacon Sails in Annapolis)
- First round of beers at Galway Bay Pub Friday Night! (see below).
Sign up with a friend, and you'll each get a 5% discount! Click here to read some of Andy's articles on celestial that he's written over the years.
Dates for the weekend workshop:
- Friday, Feb. 7, 1900: Join Andy on Maryland Ave. at Galway Bay Pub for drinks (1st beer on me!) and a pre-workshop chat.
- Saturday, Feb. 8, 0900-1700: Workshop begins at NSHOF, on City Dock. Coffee and tea during the morning session, with a break from 1200-1300 for lunch.
- Saturday, Feb. 8, 1900: Meetup downtown at Ram's Head Tavern for an optional group dinner. (RSVP required).
- Sunday, Feb. 9, 0900-1500: Workshop Day 2. Coffee & tea in the morning, with a 1200-1300 lunch break. Stay later for Q&A and storytelling if you so choose!
To register, contact Andy directly at 484-269-3358 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is limited to the first 12 people to pay in full. See you there!