$3,400.00 / 9 Days
This passage is the continuation leg of our earlier Annapolis-Lunenburg trip. We'll sail from Lunenburg, Nova Scotia some 600 miles further north and east to St. John's, Newfoundland. In 2016 we had a magical run north - after waiting out a gale in Louisbourg, the last outpost on Cape Breton Island and a former French settlement, we rounded Cape Race and had perhaps the greatest single day of sailing in our entire careers. The fog cleared north of the Cape and dozens of humpback whales swam around the boat and we were surrounded by puffins and seabirds of all sorts. We made a magical landfall at Signal Hill in St. John's just as the sun set a fiery orange behind the hills to the west. Unforgettable.
Scroll down or click here to read our passage logs from the 2016 passage.
We'll meet the crew in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia on June 16th. We won't have much time to linger, so if you'd like to explore this historic and beautiful maritime town, we suggest you arrive a few days early and book a bed and breakfast to stay ashore. Visit airbnb.com for a nice selection of apartments or full houses to rent.
Weather depending, we'll depart Lunenburg on the boat on June 17th, sailing directly offshore and northeast, arriving no later than June 24th, at which point you'll need to be off the boat. If we arrive earlier, crew are welcome to stay onboard until the 25th.
Plan to arrive into Lunenburg, Nova Scotia on June 16th at the latest, when you can join the boat. Closest airport is Halifax, a 60-90 min ride from Lunenburg. Come a few days early and stay ashore if you'd like to explore!
You'll depart from St. John's, Newfoundland on June 25th (or later, if you want to book a room ashore and explore Newfoundland, highly recommended!)
How to Join
To register, complete the Offshore Passage Registration by clicking the 'Register Now' button above, or at the bottom of the page. You'll be asked to complete the form - make sure you hit submit. Indicate 'Leg 8: Lunenburg - Newfoundland 2019' as your preferred passage.
Once we receive your registration, you'll be sent an invoice for 50% of the balance, due immediately. The final 50% of the balance will be due 60 days prior to the passage date. Terms and conditions are in the registration form, and you'll be asked to agree to them before submitting your deposit. Please read them carefully.
Cost & What You Get
The trip is $3,400.00 per person, which includes everything you need on the boat, plus the following:
- Helly Hansen 'Inflatable Racing' PFD with integrated harness.
- Double-tether for moving around on deck
- Isbjörn Sailing crew t-shirt
- All meals, snacks and drinks while on the boat, including beer, wine and rum while in port.
- Sleeping bag and pillow onboard.
- Large collection of books onboard, including novels, sailing classics and sailing reference books, in hard copy.
- Online tracking for friends and family at home from YB Tracking.
- Extra t-shirts for sale ($20.00)
- Custom embroidered Helly Hansen crew polo shirts with your name and/or the passage route embroidered on them ($60.00). Available in red, white, navy or black.
- Any Helly Hansen clothing and sailing gear offered at 10% off their retail price. Visit hellyhansen.com for their online catalog. Can have stuff custom embroidered with the Isbjörn Sailing logo.
What the price DOESN'T include:
- Transportation to and from the boat.
- Personal toiletries & clothing.
- Foul-weather gear (see packing list for details).