$3,400 / 8 Days
Join Isbjorn in historic Lunenburg, Nova Scotia for the final leg home following our voyage north to Newfoundland. A 850-mile, nonstop ocean passage. After sailing south from French St. Pierre on Leg 9, we'll meet the new crew in Lunenburg and get ready for the final push back to home waters. Depending on the weather, we will either sail back to Annapolis via the Delaware Bay - C&D canal, or sail offshore to the southern entrance to the Chesapeake Bay and up to Annapolis from there.
Route & Itinerary
- July 16: Join the boat in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
- July 17: Safety briefing and Isbjorn orientation
- July 18: Departure for Annapolis (weather dependent).
- July 25: Crew must depart the boat in Annapolis, MD.
- Fly into Halifax (YHZ) and take a 90-minute shuttle or taxi ride over to historic Lunenburg. We recommend coming a day or two early and staying ashore to explore both Halifax and Lunenburg, two of our favorite cities!
- After the passage, fly out of Baltimore (BWI), Dulles, or Reagan.
How to Join
To register, complete the Offshore Passage Registration by clicking the 'Register Now' button above, or at the bottom of the page. You'll be asked to complete the form - make sure you hit submit. Indicate 'Leg 10: Lunenburg - Annapolis 2019' as your preferred passage.
Once we receive your registration, you'll be sent an invoice for 50% of the balance, due immediately. The final 50% of the balance will be due 60 days prior to the passage date. Terms and conditions are in the registration form, and you'll be asked to agree to them before submitting your deposit. Please read them carefully.
Cost & What You Get
The trip is $3,400.00 per person, which includes everything you need on the boat, plus the following:
- Use of a Helly Hansen 'Inflatable Racing' PFD with integrated harness.
- Use of a double-tether for moving around on deck
- Isbjörn Sailing crew t-shirt or 59º North hat or visor (your choice at registration).
- All meals, snacks and drinks while on the boat, including beer, wine and rum while in port.
- Pillows and sheets onboard.
- Large collection of books onboard, including novels, sailing classics and sailing reference books, in hard copy.
- Online tracking for friends and family at home from YB Tracking.
- Extra t-shirts, hats and visors for sale onboard ($20.00)
- Custom embroidered Helly Hansen crew polo shirts with your name and/or the passage route embroidered on them ($60.00). Available in red, white, navy or black.
- Any Helly Hansen clothing and sailing gear offered at 10% off their retail price. Visit hellyhansen.com for their online catalog. Can have stuff custom embroidered with the Isbjörn Sailing logo.
What the price DOESN'T include:
- Transportation to and from the boat.
- Personal toiletries & clothing.
- Sleeping bag.
- Foul-weather gear (see packing list for details).