Magnus Rassy is one of my favorite characters in sailing. He’s the CEO of Hallberg-Rassy and one of the most enthusiastic people in the sport. When I asked him how the new HR44 came to be, and why they needed a new model at all, his answer was pure Magnus.
The man has a twinkle in his eye when he talks about his boats and it was a joy to catch up with him for a second podcast interview, again recorded onboard the flagship HR 64 at their yard in Sweden, a year after our first.
Topics discussed in the podcast:
- The new Hallberg Rassy 44
- Podcast was recorded at the Hallberg-Rassy yard onboard their flagship Hallberg-Rassy 64
- The boat show ‘Open Yard’ on Orust
- The evolution of different HallbergRassy models and how new ones come together.
- Bridging the gap between old and new in yacht design
- German Frers, naval architect and designer of HallbergRassy
- Demographic of new buyers of HallbergRassy
- Competition in the sailing industry
- The Hallberg Rassy 44 will be shown at the Dusseldorf Boat Show in January 2017