It's been a hectic week! After sailing in the DelMarVa rally, our list of refit items got longer and longer. I don't even have enough time to sufficiently tell the whole story here (Mia is loading the boat with provisions as I type), but suffice it to say we've been busy. Some of the major items included:
- Installing a new fridge (thanks Nate Horton!).
- Replacing the UV cover on the genoa (thanks Chesapeake Sailmakers!).
- Replacing the forward head (thanks Dad!).
- Building new lee boards for the vee berth (thanks Micah & Mia!).
- Installing a new boom vang (thanks Colligo!).
- Buying charts
- Setting up the sat phone email
- ...and countless other small projects.
But now we're ready, and tomorrow we shove off! Check out the gallery below for some photos of the work we've been doing.
Big thanks to my good friend Rory Finneran who will be managing the website during our passage. We'll be sending in blogs from at-sea, and Rory will be making sure they are properly 'tagged' and categorized so they show up on the 'Passage Logs' page on our website.
If you're following along, and want to come sailing with us in the future, check out the calendar and sign up at 59-north.com/offshore. Thanks for reading!