Join Andy and friends at Port Annapolis Marina in February for a weekend of sailing history and celestial navigation. While there is hardly an argument anymore for celestial as a backup to electronic navigation, it's part of sailing history, and as ocean sailors, we owe it to ourselves to at least have a general understanding of it, I say! Plus, it makes those long night watches that much more enjoyable when you know your place - physically and philosophically - in the universe.
Cost is $350, and the Workshop is limited to the first 12 people.
What it includes:
- Copy of Hewitt Schlereth's Celestial in a Nutshell
- Universal Plotting Sheet booklet
- Notebook & pencil
- Weems & Plath Star Finder
- Use of a sextant for practice during the weekend, with the option to buy one at the end of the Workshop (courtesy of Bacon Sails in Annapolis)
- First round of beers at Galway Bay Pub Friday Night! (see below).
Sign up with a friend, and you'll each get a 5% discount! Click here to read some of Andy's articles on celestial that he's written over the years.
Dates for the weekend workshop:
- Friday, Feb. 7, 1900: Join Andy on Maryland Ave. at Galway Bay Pub for drinks (1st beer on me!) and a pre-workshop chat.
- Saturday, Feb. 8, 0900-1700: Workshop begins at Port Annapolis Marina in the 'Lounge.' Coffee and tea provided by the Portside Cafe during the morning session, with a break from 1200-1300 for lunch.
- Saturday, Feb. 8, 1900: Meetup downtown at Ram's Head Tavern for an optional group dinner. (RSVP required).
- Sunday, Feb. 9, 0900-1500: Workshop Day 2. Coffee & tea in the morning, with a 1200-1300 lunch break. Stay later for Q&A and storytelling if you so choose!
To register, contact Andy directly at 484-269-3358 or email@example.com. Registration is limited to the first 12 people to pay in full. See you there!